Seventh-Day Adventist Church

PAMPalawan Adventist Mission

Menu

History

Palawan Adventist Mission

Adventism in the island so-called Palawan came into being during the post-war through the pioneering effort of Bro. Teodulo Mingua who first set foot in the small island of Cuyo. As a dedicated literature evangelist from West Visayan Mission plus his missionary zeal led him to bring twelve (12) precious souls to the Lord through baptism. Mike Bautista was one of those who later became the first elder of the Church.

Bro. Teodolo Mingua’s missionary spirit never stopped him from entering new territories. In 1947, a church in Coron was organized. Years later, he moved to thecentral part of Palawan particularly Puerto Princesa whereanother twelve souls have been added to the church that eventually turned into an organized church in 1955.

Central Luzon Mission (now a conference) took over the leadership and sent Pastor Lorenzo Yutuc to conduct evan gelistic meetings in North Palawan. With the help of Mike Bautista who served as layman led to a baptism of 18 precious souls. A group of Adventist believers in Danleg was organized into a church in 1956.

Lorenzo Batul one of the 12 converts, moved his family to South Palawan and became a channel of truth that resulted to a baptism of souls and a establishment of churches in Panacan and Narra in 1962.

Although thousands of kilometres away from the mainland Manila, Central Luzon Mission then adopted Palawan as part of its territory. Field secretaries were sent to supervise the work. They were: Pastors Pedrito Magallanes, Rodolfo Bautista, Moises de Ocampo, Darwin Faigao. In 1993, now Central Luzon Conference, elected its first vice president for Palawan Affairs, Pastor Eliezer Lagabon. Later, Pastor Romeo Mangiliman succeeded him.

In 2001, North Philippine Union Mission made a historic decision adopting Palawan as Attached District of NPUM. Pastor Florante Andres was installed as the first director for Palawan Affairs and succeeded by Pastor Solomon Tolentino who later left for the United States. In 2007, Pastor Israel Andoy, a Bible teacher at AUP was chosen to fill up the vacated leadership. In 2010, during the NPUC Constituency meeting, Pastor Israel Andoy was elected first president of Palawan Adventist Mission.

In its quest of becoming a full-fledged mission, we have seen the marvelous works and blessings of the Lord upon this island. In 2009, the North Philippine Union Conference recommended to the Southern Asia Pacific Division the change of status from an attached district to a full-fledged mission. November 5, 2009 the Southern Asia Pacific Division (SSD) officially approved and declared Palawan as a full-fledged Mission. The dream came true. TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

New Palawan Adventist Mission is fast progressive with 152 churches all around the island, 10 elementary schools, 2 academies (1 boarding, 1 non-boarding) with a little short of 20,000 church memberships, the challenge is so great. Within the entire territory of North Philippine Union Conference only Palawan has no Mission Building.

This prompted us upon the impression of God to come up with a project that will represent His church and His marvelous grace in this magnificent island of Palawan.

Send Us A Message



Your name:

Your email:

Your message: